In this episode, we have the show’s first billionaire guest. We’re talking about several million US dollars in net worth, equivalent to a few billion Philippine pesos. So yeah, he qualifies as a billionaire in the Philippines.
Matt Mullenweg is best known as the co-creator of WordPress, which is the godfather of blogging platforms. WordPress powers over 22% of the entire Internet!
Matt is the founder and CEO of Automattic, the company behind WordPress.
Just to put things in perspective, Automattic is now valued at over 1 Billion Dollars!
His personal blog is ma.tt
In this short episode, we’ll learn:
- Why the founder of a company doesn’t have to be the CEO right away
- His vision for his company, encapsulated in this quote:
We don’t make more blogs to make more money, we _____”
- How he sets his mindset to push himself and his company forward, despite being number 1.
- What he looks for in team members, and how involved he is in the process even as the CEO
- Common mistake of entrepreneurs when hiring employees.
- Plus a bunch of other tidbits.
And we have a new segment on the show, the …
“Word of the Episode“:
ephemeral (adjective) – lasting for a very short time; short-lived
Keep your ears ready for that word, Matt used it in a sentence.